Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before making a reservation. It is important to both parties that you understand this agreement in relation to your use of Tromsø Safari AS..
All travel products available at Tromsø Safari AS are compliant with Norwegian legislation and regulations. Demands made beyond the said legislation and regulations may be forwarded by Tromsø Safari AS as an enquiry, but cannot be considered to be part of the contract unless accepted by the supplier.
Tromsø Safari AS acts as a supplier and distributor for travel and tourism-related suppliers. By travel and tourism-related suppliers we mean: Destination management companies, hotels, activity providers, tour operators, accommodation organisers, transport companies and more.
By the term ”booking”, we mean the purchase of any product or service made on any of our web sites, or at your local destination when it is part of Tromsø Safari AS’s network.
Bookings are binding when Tromsø Safari AS has sent a written confirmation with an order number to an email address submitted by the customer.
Read the confirmation you receive from Tromsø Safari AS carefully. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that the order is correct. The confirmation is our contract, and it is important that you, the customer, make sure that it is in accordance with your order. Any comments must be made immediately. Payment confirms acceptance of these conditions.
Tromsø Safari AS advises customers to print out the confirmation and take it with them on their trip.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation with Tromsø Safari AS.
Some product owners/suppliers/partners may impose a higher age limit, in which case they will provide notification of this when you order.
Payments and Refunds
You have to prepay the products that we sell with a card payment (Visa, Mastercard, etc) unless otherwise stated. Your card will be charged after you have entered the necessary information. Refunds take 2-4 business days before it reaches your card after our approval. Refunds have to be sent back to the card that was originally debited.
Tour Provider Conditions and cancellation
The following applies to all products or services booked with Tromsø Safari AS:
When booking accommodation, general cancellation rules apply for all suppliers (see below). When it comes to other categories, the suppliers’ own terms will apply in addition to Tromsø Safari’s specific conditions as laid down in this document. These terms also apply to package tours, and it is your responsibility to read them.
You are responsible for complying with any supplier-specific conditions in relation to check-in times, reconfirmation of flights, or other matters.
General conditions: Prices stated are per room/per day or per unit (cabin, etc.)/per period and include VAT.
No refunds are given for cancellations made directly to product owners/providers.
Cancellation by individuals or a group is subject to the following fees:
- From 35 to 22 days before arrival: 25 %
- From 21 to 15 days before arrival: 50 %
- From 14 to 4 days before arrival: 75 %
- From 3 days before arrival: 90 %
Damages: The tenant must treat rented objects in a responsible manner. The tenant must leave the rented object in the same condition as when he/she arrived, after fair wear and tear is taken into account. The tenant is responsible to the owner/letter for any damage to the rented object or its furnishings and movables that may occur during his/her stay, as a result of actions carried out by the tenant or persons whom the tenant or his/her party have allowed access to the rented object during the rental period. Any damage to the rented object or its furnishings and movables occurring during your stay, should be reported to the product owners/providers immediately, a copy must be send to Tromsø Safari AS.
Cancellation of individual activities
- All bookings should be confirmed
- Cancellation less than 72 hours prior to departure will be charged 100%
- Cancellation 72 hours to 7 days prior to departure will be charged 50%
- Cancellation 7 days or longer prior to departure incur no cancellation fee. Cancellation can only be done by email to the email address email@example.com.
- When you book an activity with us you may change your mind within 24 hours after the booking is made. However, this doesn’t apply if your booking is made less than 7 days before your activity scheduled departure.
- “No Shows” will be charged 100% (no snow also includes showing up after departure time)
- For groups and special arrangements, we have other booking terms, please ask for details.
Tickets, events and attractions
- Cancellation of tickets for admission to events will not be refunded.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Admission to attractions/sightseeing will not be refunded.
Making amendments to your booking
Any amendments made to your booking are treated as cancellations and subsequent new bookings – please refer to Cancellation of your Booking.
The Supplier’s/ TS’s right to cancel/make amendments
Circumstances over which we or our product owners (suppliers/partners) have no control, e.g. weather conditions, breakdowns, labour disputes and the equivalent (force majeur) may result in cancellation/amendment.
Should such cancellation/significant amendment occur, the organizers will provide the customer with immediate notification. If the customer cannot accept any suggested alternatives on the spot, he/she will be given a full refund after Tromsø Safari AS has been notified by the product owner/supplier/partner.
We recommend all our customers to make sure they have satisfactory insurance arrangements prior to their trip.
Tromsø Safari AS obligations
- Ensure that the necessary written documents/confirmations are given to you.
- Ensure that you receive information of any changes made to your booking
Our product owners’ /subsuppliers’/ partners’ obligations
– Accountability for supplying the product you have purchased in accordance with its description
– Compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
– Checking proof of identity / passports where necessary, and the rejection of any travellers lacking the proper documentation
The Customer’s obligations
- Make yourself familiar with our terms of cancellation.
- Accept financial responsibility for all transactions made in your name
- You must be over 18 years of age and have the capacity to effect legal transactions and incur liability
- You warrant that all information about you and your party is true and accurate
- Tromsø Safari AS must not be used to make speculative, false or fraudulent bookings
- Obtain information about rendezvous times
- Make sure that tickets and confirmations are in accordance with your booking as soon as confirmation is received
- Bring valid identification/passport or visa
- Observe the regulations given by product owners/suppliers/partners.
- Do not inconvenience other travellers/participants
- Do not damage the product owner’s/supplier’s/partner’s property – you may be liable to pay compensation
It is considered a shortcoming when what you receive deviates from what you have booked and had confirmed. It is also a shortcoming when you are given insufficient or negligent information about conditions which would normally be of importance to the product you have booked.
The following circumstances are not considered shortcomings:
- minor delays when travelling
- deviations from normal weather, temperatures or other climatic conditions
- circumstances resulting from the travellers own negligence
Even though we have done what we can to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors may occur. When such occurrences are brought to our attention, we will do our utmost to ensure that you are notified within 3 working days after your reservation has been made. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and refund the cost, needless to say without any liability befalling the customer. In cases where the supplier cancels or makes changes to your reservation, we will do everything in our power to notify you as soon as possible. Should the supplier be unable to fulfil your booking, you will have the option of accepting an alternative offer or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund. In cases where the supplier is unable to provide an alternative within three working days, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and provide you with a full refund, without any other form of compensation.
MODIFICATIONS AND ERRORS
Our web site may be subject to modifications and errors without notice. The information provided may be subject to changes that have occurred after it was published. We can accept no responsibility for any clerical errors.
OTHER GENERAL TERMS
Tromsø Safari AS can accept no responsibility for accidents or damages (deaths and or other personal injuries) resulting in the discontinuation of all or part of a trip, provided that the damage was caused by no fault of ours or our suppliers.
Tromsø Safari AS can accept no responsibility for indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind in cases where products or services ordered via Tromsø Safari’s reservation service are not protected by Norwegian law.
Our privacy guidelines are based on current Norwegian legislation regarding consumer protection and privacy.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR BOOKING
Should you have any other enquiries or complaints in conjunction with your booking prior to your departure, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any complaints with regard to a product owner/supplier/partner while on your trip, be sure to lodge your complaint immediately and officially with the relevant product owner/supplier/partner and make sure you receive a written confirmation before departing/checking-out.
If you have any other questions or complaints in conjunction with your booking or the actual product itself, you may contact us on your return home, no later than 30 days after the event took place. State your booking reference and/or forward all relevant information in writing.
Tromsø Safari AS
9008 Tromsø, Norway
Phone: +47 953 03 888
Latest update: 09.12.2016